The Brown Sketchbook

I guess it has been a while since I have posted anything art related on my blog. I had some interesting things happen to me this year, including a non existing relationship break up, a back injury, a new relationship, and more hours at work...and my car got stolen. So, yeah, a lot of things.

I thought I'd post some of the sketches and well rendered works out of this new sketchbook which I received as a gift (thank you Dave Morris). This recent sketchbook is a blend of what I think is recycled paper. I get to use pens, white gel pens, white Prismacolor pencils, Copic/Tombow markers and a full range of Prismacolor pencils. Graphite doesn't really show up on this kind of paper dude to the stronger color of the paper, and in the end demands for high contrast colors. I have a mix of all mediums below and as you might see my subject matter is starting to darken a bit.



Copic marker and white Prisma pencil.


Graphite.


Prismacolor pencils.


Graphite.


Prismacolor pencils.


Prismacolor pencils with a wax blender.

_______________________________

Another thing I have been becoming familiar with is Gouache. I have been playing with washes with Winsor & Newton's Ivory Black. These paintings (if you can call a wash/sketch a painting) are just to get me familiar with layering the paint and almost sketching with another medium. I have done some earlier pieces with gouache, but I really want to improve my skill with a brush when it comes to detailed oriented work. Some examples are shown below:









____________________________

Last, but certainly not least, I have an iPhone app for sketching too: Mysterious Universe inspired monster.
Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunter

Lock and Key

The Lost Gods