The Lost Gods

I am officially a cover artist!

I have been working on this project for a little while and now I can announce it: I did the book cover for The Lost Gods by Horace Brickley .

He wanted a cover with zombies, and I decided to play around with the idea of a wrap around cover.  He loved it and it took off from there.  He asked me to put all the 'dead' in their burial clothes, and as the project was coming close to it's due date, I had forgotten about the request and drew an Sikh in a turban.  The 'sweater vest' is usually not what they are buried in, so I had to take him out.  In the book cover, he's not in there, but in the original drawing he's there next to the Maori lady.  I tried to vary all the Zombies, a Grecian woman, a Gascon Marque, a modern man in a suit, a Catholic priest, a Mexican seƱorita, an old 1920's lady with her fox fur wrap, a Pharaoh, a WWII African American nurse (cause I love how they fought the bigots in order to serve their country), a Victorian lady, and yes, even a Nazi officer. 

The original art is huge: I taped 3, 8.5 x 11in, sheets of bristol together and did the line up in sections. Then I  scanned and reduced the image, finishing the rest in Photoshop.  The author liked it, and so did I.

Horace Brickley

Riahna Remy Malay








This is a self published book.  Please support my work (and the author): Buy the paperback or download the Kindle version, we need all the help we can get.  It helps that it's a good book too.  I read it twice, and cried each time.  I love Brickley's work; good, strong characters, a solid plot, zombies *swoon* and a lot of action.  Thanks in advance for your support, it means a lot, and hopefully in the future I'll get more gigs like these.

Cheers and happy reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunter

Lock and Key