Samhain Studies and Sketches


I have been doing some studies of day of the dead traditions of multiple cultures and slipped in some witchcraft studies and some vampire loving too. I was sketching in between videos and websites on my findings. Hurray! I was interested in Dia de los Muertos and wanted to see if my culture (Irish) had their own 'day of the dead'. Turns out we have a ancient tradition predating the Romans. Apparently Samhain is what Halloween was in it's pre-christian dates. Go Celts!! And Pagans! And I guess.... the Holy Roman See. Most of all: yay Halloween!!!

I'm glad that we can (in most cultures) can celebrate the souls that have past on and remember them in reverence and respect. Life is full of surprises, why not Death being the next big surprise?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunter

Lock and Key

The Lost Gods