Filth

It's October! And since it's October, the spooky feeling in the air makes me crave more Filth; Dani Filth that is. I have this need to listen to a lot of Cradle of Filth around this time, along with Danzig and my new favourite Dimmu Borgir. It's something in the air, cause I did this last year as well. I have been always wanting to a portrait of Dani Filth since 2000 and now 10 years later I finally sat down and took the time to do a decent sketch. I'll probably end up doing a painting (digital or traditional) soon, for the new album is coming up. I know I'll be so enamored for the album that I'll go to my studio and spend endless hours mulling over my work and maybe enjoying mulled wine (the holidays are here). All Hallows is just 9 days away! Excited!

I thought I would add a process shot to this to show the during and finished.


I need to go to the UK or Norway and find me a metal man, who studies the worlds teachings (old and new). And I'll add blue eyes and dark hair to the list as well.



Dani's new stage look reminds me of Edward Scissorhands. It's like a twacked out Tim Burton influenced Dani. He's missing the usual black and white stripes, but it's got to be the hair with the combination of the outfits. I miss the long hair, but it will grow. I wonder who does his wardrobe or has a large inspiration for each theme he portrays on stage.

Happy 'soon-to-be' Hallows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunter

The Lost Gods

Lock and Key